Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Kitchen!

Sometimes I think I should be diagnosed with CADD: Color Attention Deficit Disorder. I barely get a color on my wall, and I'm already thinking of what the next color will be! However, I think I've found a color for my kitchen that I really like--Red. Yes, I know what you're thinking: didn't you already paint your kitchen red? The answer is technically "no." I painted the TRIM red, and the living room was red, but the kitchen was cream. Now the walls are red, the trim is white, and eventually the living room will be "bungalow gold"...but that's getting ahead of the story.

Also, this weekend was a "half-off" event at a local furniture store, so we took some of our lovely tax-return money and bought a REAL KITCHEN TABLE!!! We're so excited. It seats up to 6 people; 4 in chairs, and two on a bench (more if those people are children). It's really cute. We have the bench in the living room when the table is in its "small" size, but we pull it over once the table has been expanded. We used it tonight to celebrate my brother JJ's birthday. Such a fun christening! It goes wonderfully with our cabinets. Once our new kitchen flooring is in, I'm going to LOVE that room!
You can kind of see the new wall color here...



Our fabulous new table! And your eyes are not deceiving you--the ends are not flat. The shape is technically not "rectangular." That's kinda why I like it :-)

4 comments:

  1. oooo, I really like that table, very cute and will fit your family for a long time! Great investment! I also love the idea of red in the kitchen, soo cute and fun to decorate. I have the bug myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I really like it. :) One day we'll get a new table that WE picked out, too....But I really like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really cute little table and I love the red paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this is officially my favorite version of your kitchen so far. I love the red, always liked that color best in your house, and this shade is great. The table is the coolest thing ever! I hope someday sooner than later we can visit and cook for you guys and all eat together around it! I think the gold color you mentioned for the living room sounds fabulous too. You will get that perfect color combo soon. I think you are about there!

    ReplyDelete