This morning the boys and I took our first trip of the year to Boxerwood Gardens! It's this super amazing place for kids to play (and get really, really dirty). I went with my friend Jessica Casperson, who has four kids of her own (her two boys are the same ages as Tommy and Jack). We had a LOT of fun, and I learned that, with Tommy, I really need to bring 3-4 extra sets of clothing, instead of just one extra set...he has the amazing ability to find water anywhere, and he can't refrain from jumping in it! We had left the normal play area where the water pump and creek are, and I'd already changed his clothes (because they were soaking wet). We went to the back field area, where there's a large "crows nest" and pathways to run along, when Tommy darted off the path, into the bushy side area, and the next thing I know he's knee deep in soggy pond water! He's amazing. But he had fun, and that's what really matters :-)

Jack, with his friend Luke Casperson

Tommy, Teddy, and Duste

Jack sitting in the field

The gardens have so many fun places to climb! This is in the "crows nest", which looks like a gigantic birds nest in the middle of a field!

This is part of their water treatment center, which has HUGE koi fish. Tommy liked throwing rocks in the water.

Outside the entrance to the garden

The welcome sign. There are lots of fun signs throughout the gardens, telling kids to play, get dirty, and just have fun!
We'll probably head back soon, so I'm sure there will be more pictures to come!
looks like tons of fun! What a good mommy! It takes fortitude to take active out and about like that. enjoy it! It's a great time! Thanks for all of the pictures!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun place, my boys would love that! I too have a dirty boy,He is still dirty constantly and he is half way to eight! I know for me I alway had some rain boots handy, helps with the mud puddles;) plus boys love boots!! I also carried lots of change of clothes. Its such a fun time I really hope you are enjoying it!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to have to bring the kids there sometime again soon. It really is a great place. :)
ReplyDeleteCute family Emilie!! Aren't you still just 14? (Sorry, can't help it...)
ReplyDelete