Thursday, August 27, 2009

Update

I didn't think it was possible, but I made it through orientation...still pregnant! I prepared everything so that I wouldn't have to be on campus today, so I actually gave myself relatively little to do while I was on campus. I had to place a handful of people in rooms, and went to the parent's meeting. I answered questions, walked around a bit. But it was very calm. That's a nice feeling during orientation! I think it went rather well.

I also had a "bio physical" today, where I had a 30 minute ultrasound to check the status of my baby. They looked at heartrate, development, the placenta, amniotic fluid level, breathing motions...just lots of stuff to make sure that Jack is still thriving (we had them double check the gender, and they're still sure it's a boy). Everything checked out just fine, which means I have at least another 7 days when, statistically speaking, Jack should be fine (should he choose not to be born in the near future). I'm hoping he decides to come out anyway, though. Now that orientation is over, I could use the distraction! (Just kidding--I'm actually super impatient to see him, as I'm sure you've all deduced :-) )

At one point during the ultrasound you could distinguish a nose and part of his face. It looked kinda weird (as ultrasounds do), but at the same time so very cute! I can't wait to see it in person.

Here's hoping for a sleepless night...

1 comment:

  1. I hope soo tooooo!!! I can't imagine the anguish at being almost a month late!

    ReplyDelete