Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cabin Fever

Saturday will mark the 2nd week that Jack has been in our lives, and in some ways that's hard to believe! We waited so long for him to show up it seemed to make time stand still, and now everything is moving super speed. Fall seems to be upon us already (that came out of left field!), and my maternity leave is swiftly drying up. Of course, I also have a major case of cabin fever, so I don't imagine that having more leave would have increased my time out of the office.  The hard thing is that right now I don't have much to do--at work or at home. That drives me kinda nuts. Sitting on the couch watching TV is nice and all, but I really want to be productive. I even had a dream last night that someone brought me a knitting kit so I'd have something to do. Oy. Maybe something's wrong with me. But, like I said, even if I was at work I'd be bored right now, because it's the "down time" for my position. I don't have anyone to place in housing, and it's too early to plan for next semester. This time last year I offered assitance to the business office to keep my hands busy.

I guess I just need a hobby.

I've been thinking lately of presenting a portfolio of graphic design work to a company here in town to see what they think. It could possibly lead to some side work...but I'm nervous all the same. I've never had a real critique of my work. Mostly people just tell me if they like it or not, and if they don't I change the design until they do.   But I guess that's what professionals do, too.

Anyway, this post isn't really about anything. I just felt like posting. So....yeah.

1 comment:

  1. Things will get better and alot busier!! Find some activities that you can do with the kids like the park or playgroups and just get involved. enjoy this time, Once Jack starts moving around you will be praying for some down time!!

    ReplyDelete