Logan has a job!
Last night he found out that he is officially being hired by the Lexington City Police Department. He starts on Dec. 28th with preliminary stuff (getting measured for his uniform, drug tests, yet another psychological exam [there have been several]) and then on January 4th he'll start going in for "ride-alongs" with current police officers for about a week, and then...off to the academy! As excited as I am for this job, that's the downside--he has to go away Mon-Thursday overnight to the police academy in Salem, about 45 minutes away. So, for half the week, I'll be a single mommy! Rough stuff. However, after 22 weeks(!) he'll graduate, and then he has a 3 year contract with the department.
So, what does that mean for me? (aside from missing my husband terribly all week...)
We're still trying to figure everything out, but I've talked with my supervisors about going part time, or changing jobs to something that can be done from home. I'm grateful that I work somewhere that appreciates the importance of family, because I feel a lot of support from my colleagues. They don't want me to leave, but they want me to be able to be with my children and take care of them. For the month of January, at least, I'll probably still be working full-time, but with the two salaries we'll be able to swing a fabulous babysitter (thanks Cami!). Psychologically, though, I think it'll be a rough month.
Anywho, I'm VERY excited, and so is Logan. He did fabulous on the physical tests for the position (he'll be the department record holder) and was the clear leader for the position. We just didn't want to say anything until it was certain, because we were worried that there might be other factors that would count against him (like age, or the fact that he's from the west coast). The people he's met so far have been great. YAY!
In case you can't tell, I'm a little excited :-)
Big!
5 days ago

COOL! tell Logan Congrats from the Andrews' family!!!!!!! WONDERFUL! SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!
ReplyDeleteyeah!! I am so excited for Logan! The kids will be excited to have a police officer for an uncle, it will be nice for sure to have the two incomes and to have a secure job for at least 3 years!!
ReplyDeleteWahoo! Congrats Logan! I would be very excited, too. :)
ReplyDeleteThats great news, I am happy for you. Does Logan know if Hugh is hiring anybody to replace him at the OPS?
ReplyDelete