Friday, May 14, 2010

A Grand Adventure

Ever since Logan began staying 4 days a week down in Roanoke for the police academy, he's been talking about having the rest of us come down and stay with him for a night. For the past five months he's stayed at the same hotel (the staff knows him by sight), and he gets pretty lonely and bored not having the rest of us around. Due to work and other scheduling conflicts we'd never made it down, but on Tuesday night we decided it was now or never! He graduates in a week and a half (yay!), and so time was running out.

It was a blast! Tommy was so excited to be at a hotel (it was a Comfort Inn), and was giddy most o of the night. Both boys were very excited to see their Daddy, and were crawling all over him most of the time. We ate at an IHOP near the hotel (another fun outing for the kids...and parents), and then the boys got to take a bath, which they LOVE doing. The hotel gives Logan a little rubber ducky every week, which he usually brings home, and Tommy kept talking about it and Jack was splashing every which way. I wish I'd had my camera to get pictures, but it was great fun!

Getting to sleep was a little tricky, since everyone had so much energy, but both boys did end up falling asleep once the lights went off. Tommy really liked the continental breakfast the next morning, too!

I have to admit, I still get pretty excited when I get to stay in a hotel. It is a grand adventure, after all.

2 comments:

  1. I love staying in hotels too! I always like that I get pampered! I must have been so nice to see how Logan has been living. You must be so excited for him to graduate soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how fun! I can totally picture them being so excited, and love every bit of it! Congrats to Logan and the supporting family team!

    ReplyDelete