Friday, June 18, 2010

Interlude

Today was one of those days where my stress level hit a high note and made me a bit grouchy. The kids were good for most of the day, but for some reason when Logan got home Tommy decided to yell at him (we don't know what he was yelling, but he was very emphatic about it), Jack decided to be clingy, Tommy began bouncing off the walls, and in the middle of all this my lia sophia jewelry kit showed up. I was very excited to get (and open!!) my kit, but it was a recipe for disaster. Since I was wanting to look at the jewelry, my two lovely boys wanted to look at it, too, but since my stress level was high the situation did not turn out well. Tommy was crying, Jack was crying, and I felt like screaming!

Anywho, I finally declared to Logan that I was getting too stressed out, and needed to just relax. He jumped right in to help as much as he could, and took Jack to another room to play peek-a-boo, and wrestled with Tommy to get some of his excess energy out. Such a relief! I plopped down on the couch to watch an episode of "Gilmore Girls" and let my brain unwind.

About ten minutes later, Tommy quietly came back into the living room and said, "Mommy, are you okay?"

It was soooo sweet! My heart just melted. Here I was, wallowing in my own stressed-out selfish pity mode, and Tommy noticed! He ran up and gave me a hug, and rested his head on my shoulder for a bit.

Those are the moments that make being a mommy--even on the not-so-easy days--worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Awe, so sweet! We all have those stressed out moments! I know I have had stress out weeks or even months! I remember one time crying in my room and in walks my little Aaron only 2 and he looks at me and just gives me a hug, It was so sweet and I will always remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are the memories you keep close to your heart!

    ReplyDelete