Sunday, August 14, 2011

Camping, and other photos

Greetings! I just thought I'd update the blog with some up-to-date photos of the family, as well as give you a peak at Tommy's first camping trip!

First, the photos:


Anna likes to be on her tummy, and has excellent head control! It's tricky for me to get a good shot, but I thought this one was pretty cute :-)

Tommy has been fascinated with the camera lately, and this was taken as he was trying to take the camera away from me! Notice the lack of shirt--Tommy firmly believes that clothing is only optional, unless you're leaving the house for some reason.


Jack being a ham. He's a cute ham, but a ham nonetheless!


Anna waiting patiently on the couch. She actually sits up pretty well in this position (but don't worry, I don't leave he alone perked so precariously on the couch).


More Anna head control! I just thought I'd give several angles so you can get a better sense of what she looks like :-)



On Wednesday, Tommy and Daddy went on a camping trip with their good pals Nate and Teddy Casperson. They went to Otter Creek up on the Blue Ridge Parkway, about fifteen minutes from home. Tommy was so excited to be camping! He asked to go to bed early, but mostly because he wanted to recreate a scene from one of his favorite TV shows "Kipper." He loves to sit under a blanket with a flashlight and say,

Deep in the middle of the dark, dark wood
There lived
a horrible, horrendous,
terrible tremendous...

Unfortuntely, Kipper never makes it past that line, so we don't find out what the plot of the story is, but Tommy loves to repeat this over and over at bedtime. While on the camping trip, he sat bundled up in his sleeping bag, with his flashlight, "reading" this story to his Daddy.

Nobody ever believes us, but Tommy loves to sleep in. Even though it was a camping trip (and I know I always wake up early on camping trips) Tommy managed to sleep in until almost 9am, despite the rest of the camp being awake for several hours before that! Silly kid. He's a cutie :-)

Tommy sleepin' away...


Tommy and Teddy Casperson. They had a lot of fun playing (supervised) in the creek!


Teddy and his Dad, Nate. You can also see Diego in the background, who went on the camping trip as well. He didn't seem to have as much fun, though--according to Logan, he didn't want to lie down pretty much the whole trip.


The campsite! Logan and Tommy slept in the tent on the left. Nate brought the two tricycles for the boys to play with, and Tommy loved them!


Tommy and Daddy preparing to leave on their trip. Still not sure why Tommy thinks this is a good pose for pictures...but at least we can use it for black mailing purposes when he's older!

1 comment: