I was working on the computer one day this week, when I hear the boys start to squeal. Tommy runs into the office and says, "Mommy! Bug! Can you get it?" I mumble "yeah, just a minute" and finish what I'm working on, because usually "bug" is code word for "fly" in our house. If Tommy finds a dead one, he wants me to put it in the trash or throw it outside.
So, I walk into the living room to see this:
And yes, it really was as big as it looks in the photograph. That's an 8"x10" photo frame.My first thought was "Holy cow! That thing is huge!" My second thought was "How in the world did it get this far into the house without any of us noticing????" I'm still at a loss as to how this praying mantis got in, but suffice it to say that he is now out of our house. And hopefully not planning on making a return!
In case you missed it the first time, here he is again:


No comments:
Post a Comment