Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Domesticity

This morning Logan and I drove down to Raleigh, North Carolina, traded in our green Subaru, and bought ourselves a sweet mini van! We're very excited about it. And yes, I know you can technically fit two car seats in a sedan/wagon, but we know that we're most likely going to have more kids, we often travel with other people (Nanna and Papa primarily), and we like SPACE, so a mini van is our car of choice. Plus the green Subaru was starting to get a bit finicky...if we waited too long, the trade-in value would be too low to make it a bargaining piece. We found a really good deal on a Dodge Caravan SXT--it's got all sorts of bells 'n whistles, but was still in our price range.

Sadly, we did not take the "Dave Ramsey" approach on this purchase....but we're still excited! Our mini van is super cool. No joke.
All the seats can be stored in the floor! (Stow 'n Go)
It has a DVD player, GPS, and automatic doors
(they're fun to play with)
It's color is called "Champaign". It's sparkly...

4 comments:

  1. Haha, congratulations on the big step of a bigger car! I drove a Caravan to pick up kids when I worked at SuperCamp a few years ago, and it was surprisingly FUN to drive--nice pickup and quite comfy. That baby is coming in like 2 weeks, right? Are you allowed to do a VBAC? I hope all goes well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! nice to have a van, you will deffinantly enjoy having a DVD player! Looks like you got leather seats too! nice feature. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous!!!! Looks really nice. Enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete