Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Casting Call

I have often mentioned on this blog Tommy's "entourage" of stuffed animals/toys. Lately it's been very transient, with new toys introduced each day and old favorites being suddenly ignored in the toy bin.

Lately Tommy has been favoring his piggy bank, something that Logan and I find very amusing. Tommy has little (if any) understanding of the purpose of money, but he finds it very exciting to put pennies in his piggy bank, and seems to be okay with the fact that he never sees them again. One day I found that Tommy had gotten into my purse, taken out all the loose change, and deposited it in his piggy bank. He'd be in trouble if it wasn't so doggone cute.

Another favorite travel companion has been his brontosaurus dinosaur toy. As a plastic toy, it's very hardy, and he takes it in the bath, in the car, and to the store. Luckily it fits in my purse, unlike the piggy bank.

Last night Tommy came up to me with one of his horse toys and said "Bullseye!" I thought it was cute, but it wasn't until I saw it at the breakfast table this morning with the dilapidated Mr. Potato Head (who's missing almost all his pieces), the dinosaur, the Piggy bank, and a "car" (it's actually a train, but he calls it a car) that everything started making sense...


Meet the new supporting cast of Toy Story.

3 comments:

  1. HMMM, very cool. He is creative to put that together. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so funny!! Glad you shared the story!

    When Sarah was little she used to love her piggy bank too but she didn't use money. she put my earrings and small household things into the bank. I'd forgotten until you brought up tommy's story. Thanks for sharing!! Good times!

    ReplyDelete