Friday, August 13, 2010

Haircuts, Anniversary and Mill Mt.

Since Tommy was sportin' sideburns and Jack's curls were starting to look a bit girly, Logan and I decided it was time for haircuts! Tommy's pretty used to them, but this was Jack's first time, so we took some pictures!

Tommy sits pretty still--although at the very end we had to give him a cookie to keep him from getting bored!

Jack "before"
a better view of the curls


Jack "after", sans curls




Monday was Logan and my 4th anniversary, and after stewing for a long time about what we should do (we are horrible at planning things like that!!) since Logan had the day off we decided to take the kids to the Mill Mountain Zoo in Roanoke. A friend of ours went recently (otherwise I wouldn't have known it existed). It's pretty small, but it has a nice layout, and some interesting animals. The boys had a lot of fun, and were really well behaved the whole trip!
Later that night Mom came over to watch the boys and Logan and I went out to eat to celebrate, but the family trip was a fun outing, too :-)


A red panda. I'd never even heard of them before!


Tommy and the alligator (?? could be a crocodile)


Tommy and the tiger, which is thankfully not alive.


Jack and Logan waiting for the ZooChoo (a little train that runs through the zoo)

Tommy and Logan on the train. Tommy loves wearing hats! He usually has it pulled down over his eyes.

Jack watching everything go by. He loved the wind!

3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!! I can't believe it has been 4 yrs!! What a fun family outing and it must have been nice to go out to eat! Its always nice to have the little things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!!! Congratulations!

    Thanks for sharing the pics of your adorably shorn boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing how much more grown up they look when they get haircuts? It IS a small zoo, but more of a fun excursion. Did you see the "playground"? Happy 4th anniversary! I can't believe it's been 4 years. :)

    ReplyDelete