Saturday, May 21, 2011

Artapalooza

I love summer in this area, because there are so many fun festivals and events to take the kids to! We kicked off the season today with "Artapalooza." Organized by the owner of bluedogart studio (a nifty place for kids to take art lessons), there were numerous booths set up for kids to try different art projects, and some tasty treats along the way! Nanna went with us, and we had lots of fun!


Tommy creating "hieroglyphics" on a "sand tablet."


Jack pointing to his balloon that floated away. He was obsessed with talking about balloons the entire time, and managed to loose 2 (one because he let go, and one that popped). Neither one of my sons likes it when we tie the balloon to their wrist. Tommy's gotten pretty good about holding on, but Jack is still learning.

Also, notice Jack's hat. I tried to push it back before taking a picture, but he always pushed it right back down over his eyes! He loves hats.


Playing with clay.


"Another picture, Mommy?"


Jack "painting" with watercolors

Even though I'm sad Anna's not here yet, I'm glad we got to go to the festival! Maybe she'll decide to come tonight...

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I miss doing stuff like that with my kids, Can't wait till summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love someone who loves HATS!!!

    Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete