I'd arranged with another mom to sit nearby so that her kids (who are a couple years older, and friends with Tommy) could help escort him to the front and hopefully set a good example for him. It worked like a charm, and Tommy did a great job standing up front with all the primary aged kids (and even made a couple funny faces before the music started, which was just kinda cute). Once the music began, it was pretty obvious he didn't know the words yet, so he started copying the conductor and looked like he was leading the music! After a little while, he switched to playing piano. It was adorable! He did manage to sing a couple words, and I think he'll do very well next year.
One thing we didn't anticipate was Jack immediately yelling for Tommy as soon as he walked away. Jack likes doing whatever Tommy is doing, and he REALLY wanted to go up front with him, so sadly Logan missed the song because he had to take Jack out of the chapel. Sad :( Hopefully he'll do better on Father's day.
After we got home Logan had to go straight to bed, because he has an all night shift tonight, and worked an all night shift last night. After a little lunch, Jack was then put to bed as well. I sat on the couch with Tommy, dreaming of the days when he used to nap...and then the unthinkable happened. Tommy fell asleep!!! He hasn't taken a nap since Jack was really little. I laid him out on the couch, and then laid down myself for a little shut eye. I got to sleep for an entire hour!! It was magic.
And the perfect mother's day present :-)

Oh, I know how priceless that is! I got a nap too today. It was bliss...
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you to take a nap! Its the small things!
ReplyDeleteoh, I wanted a nap for mothers day....lucky lady!
ReplyDelete